Most people think that user testing is just usability testing. But usability testing is only one component of what you can learn from your customers. Lean User Testing includes:
- Usability testing – measuring whether a user can complete a specific action in your product
- Demand Validation testing – determining whether a user actually wants to use the product/feature that you are building
- Customer Discovery testing – determining demand from different customer segments
- Feature Prioritization testing – letting user actions not words determine their priority
- Solution Discovery testing – using the framework of conjoint analysis to let a customer’s actions determine the best solution
The below post dives deeper into all the components of Lean User Testing, including tactical process steps to execute each test.